Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Random Saturday

I went to bed last night exhausted! I have had a friends 11 year old daughter for the week and they have been sleeping in the front living room. On top of that at any weekday morning or afternoon I have at least 3 or 4 girls either getting ready in the morning or doing homework after school. The mess has been overwhelming! On top of that having a baby that zaps any energy you have because of the incessant whining and crying, it all has just been a little overwhelming. (Hhhmmm, that's the second time I have used that word in just a little paragraph.) I have not been taking care of myself either for example, not sleeping enough, drinking a little too much red wine, not eating well, not getting enough sunshine, not exercising...I think you get the picture.
This week I got a wake up call! This is not who I am!!!
Okay, refocus!
I am starting a cleanse Tuesday.
I am going through my cupboards today. Oh, the shame of what is lurking in there! This is how bad it is...I have two boxes of Top-of-Ramen in there!
It has been such an easy slide with all the kids that want snacks, to buy the cheap, easy, crappy snack food. What's wrong with ripe organic apples with natural organic peanut butter. It might take a little effort on my part but I want them to have good food and not just filler food.
I also want an organized house! Oh, I want that so bad! I am not the best at this! I was reading a blog the other day from one of my favorite artists and she was talking about how she always has a house full of High School boys and girls. She was talking about how she has this huge table and art supplies out all the time and the kids will just sit down and do little crafts, even high school football players! That totally inspired me! I love that! In a society where art is taken out of most public and private schools, to have a place that they can come to and hang out and get creative, I think that is just fabulous! Before I can make that happen I need to get a little organized. I need to find all my art supplies and make them available for use! (There's an idea. LOL!)
So this morning after crashing way before my husband last night, I woke up and found that my entire house was spotless and coffee was freshly made. It was like the cleaning fairy had come in the middle of the night and quickly and quietly cleaned and made coffee. Of course there is no cleaning fairy, but there is my husband! Yes, that is right! As I slept, he stayed up and cleaned and then made coffee this morning before he went to work. It is Saturday and he will be working all day and most of this evening. (Who said owning your own business is all that?) That is L.O.V.E!!!
Tomorrow is the start of competition season for Michayla's cheerleading. We will meet the team in a parking lot at 6am to drive down to San Diego to attend our 1st competition for the year. Let me tell you these girls look FABULOUS!!! Last year we got to go to Nationals in Florida and this year I am pretty sure we will be doing the same! Michayla is doing her back handspring in the routine this year so I am a little nervous but she is so great out there on that floor! It will be a LONG day tomorrow, but these are the memories I will take with me forever! We will have our car decorated with all the green silver and white we can get our hands on and will spend some of today making banners and signs for the parents. We will spend hours on putting curlers in hair and then another hour at the end of the day trying to figure out a way she can sleep comfortably with all those crazy things in her head! We will spend tomorrow screaming for our other O'side teams and be exhausted after laughing, crying(there is usually a lot of that happening at the end, win or lose), and dancing (you know the Cha-Cha slide and such). In the end the exhaustion is well worth it!
Quick note...Our football team is in the playoffs right now and if they win the championship (which they came within one game last year, but we had reffs that were paid off, long story..) they would go to Florida also. I think it would be the coolest thing if we all got to go together! That almost never happens! O'side ROCKS!!!! GO LIGHTNING PIRATES!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you wear me out just reading about your life..you need to edit ;-)

The Best Decade said...

I was thinking when I read "I was reading one of my favorite artist's blog..." -- oh how sweet--she is going to say something nice about me--I know--It isn't always about me! but when I read about the art stuff always out etc--I realized -- nope--not about me! I can handle that. lol

enigma said...

If you guys do make it to Florida, see if you can make it to Georgia. Mi casa es su casa.

Anonymous said...

I'm learning to rethink those days when I'm too tired to clean too... It really is okay to let things go for as long as we need it... so many good things can come from it... resting is the only way for me to find my motivation again! that is such a profound story about X cleaning the house for you... sometimes my kids do that too... they make me stay in the other room and not come out so that they can suprise me with something... LOL!

We actually have fun when we all get the house cleaned up together... they like to help cut up the apples for snacks and stuff like that too... and now they're starting to cook on their own...

i think kids will do anything as long as an adult is hanging out with them... we have a big craft table and a cupboard full of supplies... it's awesome!

okay, you're inspiring a blog for me... thanks for sharing your beautiful life with all of the ups and downs!